Caring for 18k gold-plated stainless steel jewelry requires some attention to ensure its longevity and shine. While gold plating adds a layer of real gold to the jewelry, it is essential to handle it with care to prevent premature fading or damage. Here are some jewelry care guidelines for 18k gold-plated stainless steel pieces:
- Keep Away from Chemicals: Avoid exposing your jewelry to harsh chemicals, such as perfumes, lotions, hair sprays, or cleaning agents. These substances can cause the gold plating to tarnish or fade. Apply these products before putting on your jewelry and allow them to dry completely. P.s We recommend removing the jewelry before taking shower because shampoos and body washes can also have these harmful chemicals sometimes.
- Clean Gently: To clean your gold-plated stainless steel jewelry, use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe away any dirt or oil buildup. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh cleaning solutions that can scratch or damage the plating.
- Store Properly: When not wearing your jewelry, store it in a dry and airtight container to protect it from exposure to moisture, dust, and pollutants. Consider using individual jewelry pouches or small, separate compartments to prevent scratching and tangling.
- Avoid Sweat and Moisture: Remove your jewelry before engaging in intense physical activities or sports, as excessive sweat and moisture can accelerate the wear of the gold plating.
- Remove Before Bedtime: It’s advisable to remove your gold-plated jewelry before going to bed to prevent damage that may occur due to tossing and turning during sleep.